Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wacky Wednesday

Just when you think you are having a bad day - or are just simply so tired that you want the day to hurry up and end - we hope you are as fortunate as we are to have an "Abby" in your life. There is not a day that goes by that she doesn't say or do something that makes us just stop and crack up...including when she tells us that what we are doing "just cracks me up!" Early this morning (VERY early - like 3 AM), the twins were up and very cranky about being awake. Their cries woke up Abby. She came into the living room where I (Barbara) was sitting and took one look at me and said, "Mommy, can I sit on your lap?" After sitting there for a while, she kept putting her hands over her ears saying the babies cries were too loud. So I told her I had a good idea - she could go into her room, jump into the bed and sing a few songs while waiting for me to be done feeding the twins. I said after the twins ate, I'd come sleep with her for a while. That sounded like a plan to her so she headed off to her bed. A few minutes later, I heard the following out of her room (to the tune of the Itsy Bitsy Spider):

The babies start to cry when they want some food to drink.
I don't like the cries so I cover up my ears.
But then they stop to cry and they drink up all their milk.
And my Mommy comes to sleep on my pillow in my bed.

(And, yes, I had to write it down right then so I wouldn't forget - TOO priceless!)

No comments:

Post a Comment