Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
(2) April 14th - The twins turn 11 months old! It is absolutely surreal to realize that our two love bugs are only weeks away from the big O-N-E year!!!! At 11 months they are doing awesome! They are 18 (Blaire) and 17 (Reagan) pounds. Blaire is crawling like crazy and talking a ton (Daddy, Hey...and even said "Auburn" back on May 8th). Reagan is clapping and crawling now too!
(3) Pool Party in the USA - One of the best things about living in Tartan Pines (besides the house that we are in love with..and the golf course only steps away!) is the pool! It is open year round so when you are ready to swim, it is ready for you. After lunch time on Saturday (April 16th) we called Jess over and packed up the stroller and bike for a nice little afternoon stroll to the pool. The twins had no desire to relax so it was a bit of a pain, but eventually we got into the "swim" of things and it was a fun afternoon...complete with the mother of all Mommy sunburns as well! (Note to self: When worrying about the kiddos sunscreen, don't forget your self too!)
(4) Two words: SPRING BREAK! Thanks to our awesome relatives, Aunt Julia and Uncle Lomax Fulford, we were able to head down to the beach (Panama City Beach) and enjoy an awesome Spring Break vacation! Abby had been looking forward to this week for the past two months and she was soooo excited that "Spring Break Vacation" finally arrived! We headed out on Sunday (April 17th) afternoon and came back into town on Thursday (April 21st). During our beach stay we hit the water, the stores, the restaurants, the kiddo park, the piers, and the fun spots...but some of the best moments came when sitting in the bedroom, you could hear the babies laugh while Abby says that she "has had the best day of her whole entire life of the last one thousand years." LOL!
(6) 4th Annual Playgroup Easter Party and Egg Hunt - Yep, it's been 4 years and we are still going strong every Easter! It is one of our favorite events of the year and it's so much fun to have our friends over to decorate Easter "baskets", hunt eggs, lunch and enjoy a day of playtime and hanging out! This year's party (on Friday April 22) was no different...although we missed friends that have moved away, we enjoyed new friends this year. And as always, we took an annual "couch" picture to show the kiddos getting ready for the egg hunt...this year, I believe we finally out grew the couch - what do you think? Ha!
(9) Easter Sunday - "But the words 'it was counted to him' were not written for his sake alone, but for ours also. It will be counted to us who believe in him who raised from the dead Jesus our Lord, who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification." (Romans 4:23-25) It was a gorgeous day to celebrate Christ who was raised from the dead! He is risen - He is risen indeed! We love this particular time of year and there is nothing better than to celebrate with other believers the foundation of our faith. Along with going to our church's Easter service, we also celebrated the day with other Easter customs including a visit from the Easter Bunny and lunch with family and friends. It was truly a wonderful day!
(10) Third Thursday - Although our schedules got rescheduled this month, we were still able to fit a "3rd Thursday" dinner in April. Since our church was having a service on Thursday night, we had to figure out another time that we could get together. So...in short, 3rd Thursday became 4th Monday this month! Ha ha! And April was our month to host the dinner and hanging out for the night with Jen and Aaron while munching on some hamburgers, brats, side dishes and dessert. Yum!
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
The minister replied "Oh, more or less the same. Let me give you an example. The other day I meant to say 'the devil is the father of liars,' but instead I said 'the devil is the father of lawyers', so I let it go."
Monday, April 11, 2011
There were lots of memories made in our house today...some good, some not so good. We had a little bit of baby drama (teething, head hitting, glass breaking, food spitting, etc.) and a little bit of toddler drama (temper tantrums, stubbed toes, and ear troubles). It seemed like we started the day with it and ended the day with it. So, it was a nice change of pace this afternoon, right smack dab in the middle of the day - when the sun was shining, the weather was gorgeous and all the household diva attitudes were taking a break - that some of our best and most wonderful spring time memories were made!
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Friday, April 8, 2011
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Monday, April 4, 2011
Last we talked, you got to see some pics from the bunny photog shoot that happened at our friend Donna's house. Right after the pictures were taken, we rolled out of Enterprise and headed up to the Hatch for a big night! The twins spent most of the evening over at Aunt Carol and Ra Ra's house while Abby got to join the church youth group for their Forever Friends Bible Study. She had a ball - thanks everyone for making Friday night work out as great as it did!
On Saturday, March 26th we had big plans...until the plans fell through, ha! It was the annual Piney Woods Festival in Enterprise, but this year it was a big flop. Thankfully, we sent out a scout and she came back with a report to which we changed our plans - and ended up enjoying a super day at home with lots of relaxing playtime and snuggles.
Every now and then, we get an occasional snow storm...a possible tornado...a bad thunderstorm...but not Sunday March 27th - we got hail. And lots of it. After church we headed home to our awesome family lunch and all of a sudden, it sounded like rocks were pounding our house. Thankfully we had no damage but needless to say, our girls like hail just about as much as they like thunder and lightening storms.
On Monday, March 28th a big event happened at the Wade house - Blaire started crawling!!! Sure enough, after dinner we were in the upstairs den playing and all of a sudden, she got up on all fours and started talking off. It reminds us of a colt just born and attempting to stand on her own...but regardless, it's an awesome sight to see and we know that in days, she'll be all over the place!
Although the weather report said bad weather was coming through on Tuesday night and Wednesday, by Wednesday morning it was basically just a little bit of rain and not enough to stop our "Let's use up our gift cards" shopping spree! Ha ha! We packed up, grabbed Aunt Carol on the way, and headed over to the Dothan Mall. Hours upon hours later, we were back home - and resting! The girls enjoyed their day out and we managed to mark 5 out of the 6 major things off our shopping spree list...by spending hardly any money at all, woo hoo! After we all managed to take a little nap, we headed off to church....at least two of the five of us did! Abby is a member of the Mission Friends class on Wednesday nights at Providence and she loves it! She is a huge fan of Ms. Rhonda (her teacher) and loves all of the activities and letter work she does!
Thursday afternoon (March 31st) brought another big moment to our house - Reagan started crawling! She started getting up on all fours about last week and we've noticed in the past few days she was rocking back and forth...but on Thursday, she started taking off. BUT, not like Blaire, just like Abby! For those of you that remember, Abby had a weird little crawl we called her "army crawl" where one of her arms never straightened out and it looked like she was crawling along while on her stomach. Reagan's started doing the same thing! But boy is she fast when she does it! Whew!!
So...we have officially caught up our crazy life on this blog. A dear friend cracked us up when she said "What - like you don't have anything else going on?" when we realized we hadn't updated in a while! Ha ha! Our family is definitely never at a loss for activities or happenings - and as always, we love sharing all of it with you!