Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Search & Seizure

After almost an entire afternoon in the courthouse dealing with issues regarding the 4th Amendment, I (Barbara) was glad to see Wednesday night come around...it's that weekly night where I seize the youth group and take them to places unknown, ha! Our family loves our church - Providence Baptist Church in Clayhatcee, AL - but there is a special place in our hearts for the youth group. I've been Youth Director of PACT 24/7 (Providence's Active Christian Teens) for several years and each year I realize that as I teach, I also learn. Tonight, 18 teenagers brought smiles to my face and reminded me that after a day of crimes and trouble, there are still good youth in this world and I am proud to be not only their Youth Director, but their friend.

PS - A little humor that made me laugh when I heard it today! Enjoy:

A minister and lawyer were chatting at a party: "What do you do if you make a mistake on a case?" the minister asked. "Try to fix it if it's big; ignore it if it's insignificant," replied the lawyer. "What do you do?"

The minister replied "Oh, more or less the same. Let me give you an example. The other day I meant to say 'the devil is the father of liars,' but instead I said 'the devil is the father of lawyers', so I let it go."

No comments:

Post a Comment