Sunday, December 11, 2011

Barbara's Birthday Bash

It's that time again...another birthday has rolled around. One thing that I've learned over the years is that if you have a birthday in December, you learn to appreciate the difference between birthday celebrations and Christmas ones. Most people in December get the short end of the stick - meaning they get Christmas parties instead of birthday parties, one "big" present (combining both birthday and Christmas) or even Christmas themed presents for their birthday. But I am one lucky lady because Eric and the girls treated me to a great birthday weekend full of just birthday fun - even including lots of music, but not a Christmas carol to be heard! It was a great weekend to celebrate turning 25. (Yes, I said 25. LOL!) On Saturday, Abby and Eric headed off to the grocery store to get all the trimmings for my birthday dinner. They came home with handfuls of things and prepared the best meal - balloons, decorations, fresh flowers, grilled steak, baked potatoes, salad, rolls and the best birthday dessert too! Eric and the girls even gave me presents that night! It was exactly what I loved! And today, I woke up to more Happy Birthday wishes, calls, texts and Facebook comments. After church, we met several friends and family at one of our favorite little local restaurants. It was a great afternoon full of laughing and cracking up...and no one dared laugh when they said "Happy 25th Birthday". After lunch the party continued with an afternoon at church with the girls and great friends. Then later that night it was more presents and parties! Like I said, I am one very lucky girl and had one of the best, most enjoyable, birthdays ever. A big shout out and thank you to everyone that made it so very special! Hugs to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment