Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wedding bells are ringing....

This is it...they're going to the chapel!!! Robyn (Barbara's sister) and John are getting married this weekend! We are looking forward to to enjoying in the weekend's festivities of meals, receptions, ceremonies, parties and last but not least hugs and kisses from our favorite Bride and Groom! Here's a toast to many wonderful years of wedded bliss you two! We love love love you both!



While we were getting ready to head out to Colorado for the weekend's celebration, it got me (Barbara) thinking about marriage. And if you know anything about me, you probably know I'm a sucker for a quote...the good, the bad and the ugly. I've filled two journals full of quotes since I started collecting in high school and I just keep seeing some that I find myself just having to jot down. So with that being said, in honor of Robyn and John's wedding, here are a few of my favorite quotes about marriage...enjoy!

A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966


One should never know too precisely whom one has married. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Spouse: someone who'll stand by you through all the trouble you wouldn't have had if you'd stayed single. ~Author Unknown

Marriage means commitment. Of course, so does insanity. ~Author Unknown


My wife says I never listen to her. At least I think that's what she said. ~Author Unknown


Don't marry the person you think you can live with; marry only the individual you think you can't live without. ~James C. Dobson


Pity all newlyweds. She cooks something nice for him, and he brings her flowers, and they kiss and think: How easy marriage is. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960


A perfect marriage is one in which "I'm sorry" is said just often enough. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960


I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it. ~Lyndon B. Johnson


The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret. ~Henny Youngman

Marriage is a mistake every man should make. ~George Jessel


My husband and I divorced over religious differences. He thought he was God, and I didn't. ~Author Unknown

Marriage is the alliance of two people, one of whom never remembers birthdays and the other never forgets them. ~
Ogden Nash


We were happily married for eight months. Unfortunately, we were married for four and a half years. ~Nick Faldo

Men never know how tired they are till their wives sit them down for a nice long talk. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960


"I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence? ~Author Unknown


The best way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once. ~H.V. Prochnow


Love is grand; divorce a hundred grand. ~Author Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment