Sunday, June 5, 2011

Black and Blue

"Blue eyes say, Love me or I die; black eyes say, Love me or I kill thee." (Spanish Proverb)

Last Wednesday night (June 1st) Abby was at her Wednesday night church class, Mission Friends, and was playing a game with some of her friends. To make a long story short, Abby ran in one direction and a friend followed....when Abby stopped and turned around, her friend came crashing into her - into her eye to be specific. Within minutes, while the crying and screaming was still going on, a bruise started to appear...and by the next morning, Abby had her first black eye. Since then, it's turned from black, to brown, to purple, to blue and now yellow. Although she's shown it off, she wanted nothing to do with me taking a picture of it until now. She'd handling it like a pro, although whenever she accidentally touches it, she says that it still really hurts. My heart just goes out to her when she's in pain. But the sweetest thing is to hear her response to me saying "I'm sorry you have a black eye." She replies "Mommy, you don't have to be sorry. It wasn't your fault. It wasn't anyone's fault. It was an accident - that means no one has to be sorry."

No comments:

Post a Comment